Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Counting the kilos

I was determined not to make the mistake of putting on too much weight, as I did with Cavan (whooping 18 kg in all).

The determination was there but the flesh was weak. I was hungry all the time. And I fell prey to enticing cakes, pastries, chocolates and ice cream. Usually, I'm a strict non-coconut milk consumer. This pregnancy, I loved my chendols, bubur char chars, laksas and red rubies.

I blamed it all on my little gal.

And blessed enough, I put on 10-11 kg for the whole of my pregnancy. Well, for the 1st trimester, I lost a bit of weight. Towards the end, my weight gain was negligible, not even enough to cover the baby's gain.

What was the magic? Less weight gain despite eating more "sinful" food? I did control my carbs intake during dinner, eating mainly the dishes and soup. But after that, I could polish off 1kg's worth of rambutan/ longan and had ice cream for supper.

Maybe it was due to my activeness. I was still conducting full-day workshops, running full day events, running about to prepare materials etc. Back home, I was still running around with Cavan, carrying him and busied myself. Maybe these helped to burn off calories.

Whatever the magic was, I'm not complaining. Just too glad the weight gain wasn't too substantial. Now, post delivery, just to burn the rest off...

What a burden.

No comments: