Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Reconsidering school

Despite 4 wonderful months of PG at Gracehouse, we considered putting Cavan elsewhere for nursery next year and subsequently, kindergarten. We wanted to put him for the morning session which unavailable at Gracehouse. Moreover, it was more convenient to go to Glory Kindergarten. So we registered him at Glory and paid the fees.

Somehow, something in me kept telling me that perhaps that was not the best decision. To be frank, Cavan has made many friends in school and he was taught well. Though I was not the one schooling there, I had this sense of attachment to the school. Perhaps it was due to the updates that Cavan provided everyday.

Through him, I know that Elyssa initially refused lunch and only ate biscuits. Through him, I know that Nathaniel and Leston played alot with him and Leston's grandfather picks him up. I know that Yi Enn is a little boy who always says "Mum mum". Ethan and Genna were new friends who joined the class recently. I also learnt that the kids learnt math by singing "Green bottles hanging on the wall" that there were Elyssa-bottle, Nathaniel-bottle, etc. and Cavan-bottle was the last one standing before he fell and there were no bottles left.

Through him, I know that Miss Jenny was the one who always asked the children to "Drink water! Drink water!" And Miss Pandian always poured biscuits for the children. I never knew his lao-shi's name till recently cos he kept telling me her name was "yu tou" (fish head).

Through him, I discovered that I had been mispronouncing the word "biscuit". I've been saying "bis-kate" but Cavan corrected me that it should be "bis-curt" instead.

Cavan was already so familiar with the place and the people. I heard that Cavan would say hi to every teacher during assembly as he entered. He would help to drive the car and cycle the bikes back to the position after dismissal.

At the Meet-the-Parents session last week, I couldn't help but feel a sense of pity that we were to say good bye. It was made more difficult when Miss Pandian looked dismayed when we broke the news to her and Xiao Yi lao shi commented that she was going to lose her best student before hugging Cavan and smooching him. Later we heard that Cavan might get into the morning session afterall.

If that was true, we might reverse our decision to transfer Cavan. At most, we'd forgo the deposit and hopefully get back the fees that we've paid at Glory. Although Cavan adapts easily, we didn't want to assume that changes don't affect him. He's been through enough changes in his life for the past 3 months.


With Miss Pandian


With Xiao Yi lao shi
With Miss Jenny


Fav play area



"I'm so happy to be here!"


Bumping into best friend Jedi outside classroom

No comments: