Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 17, 2007

Reflections of a 1st-time Page Boy

Ah Gu Collin asked mummy months ago whether I could be the page boy for his wedding. Before mummy could answer, ah ma and ah gong screamed "Yes!"

My, my. The whole family was so busy on 16 Dec. Ah ma followed Ah Gu Collin playing the traditional role of an aunt to bring the suckling pig and what-nots to the bride's house in the wee hours. Ah Gu Stanley chauffeured the ah yis. Daddy and mummy were emcees for the dinner. Almost the whole family was mobilised! Only Verity had the luxury of sleeping, drinking milk and being entertained in the hustle and bustle. Not fair!

Everything went pretty well and I was happily throwing the rose petals in the floor when suddenly I heard "Pop! Pop!" I panicked. Was there a terrorist attack? No, there were the aunties popping the party poppers! I hate loud noises and began crying at the top of my voice! Grandaunt Judy panicked cos I stopped walking and thus the wedding couple could not carry on. Daddy and Mummy, on stage, were wondering why there was a delay mid-way.

Grandaunt cleverly distracted me by popping M&M's into my mouth while goading me to walk on. I managed to multi-task: crying while eating M&M's while walking while throwing rose petals on the floor. Daddy and Mummy were the most amused when they saw this scene but had to act unaffected and carry on the emceeing. I'm sure Ah Gu Collin and his bride were NOT amused.

Would I want to play this role again? I don't mind. Throwing things on the floor was fun and I don't get to do it often without being scolded. And it was great to be accompanied by a pretty gal. Just don't pop anything loud ok?

"It's so happening out there! I can only lie here and watch. Hmph!"

Mummy, can you get me a nicer suit next time? I look like a waiter here!

A last minute rehearsal with June Ah Yi guiding Jie Jie Melody and I

The dinner was taking too long to start! Daddy saved the day by feeding us cakes.

Grandaunt Judy and Grandunc Eric watched over Verity while Daddy and Mummy were on stage.

I'm stoning already

Getting ready for the act

Boy am I famished! Feasting on sharkfins soup over my rice

The yam seng was too loud!

After a night's work

No comments: