Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 08, 2007

transition

Ok, it's time. Cavan had to sleep on his own. But the cowardice mother had withdrawal syndrome. If we moved him to the other room, it's too cruel! Why not let him sleep on the floor next to our bed?


Frankly speaking, I enjoyed co-sleeping with Cavan despite the tight-squeeze in a Q-sized bed. Despite having my face slapped by his hand. Despite having my body prodded by his leg. I loved it when we had small talk before sleeping. I loved smelling his head and kissing his cheek while he slept. I enjoyed the mornings when we lie about in bed, looking sleepily at each other, whispering dreamy words.





As with all things, we have to move on. Moreover, I kept having to be watchful throughout the nights to prevent Cavan from kicking my bulgy tummy. Managed to grab his leg a few times at night.


Creating the path of least resistance, we let him choose his fav bedsheet- Cars. He was marvelling about it and retorted he wanted to sleep in it.


Came the crux:
Night #1: Lay happily on his mattress. After bedtime story and good night song, he promptly grabbed his pillow and bolster and scrambled up our bed. He thought that was a pre-bedtime area? No, this is YOUR bed. We said. After much fussing, Clem had no choice but to sleep with him.



Night #2: Clem slept with him on the mattress. Once Cavan fell asleep, he moved up to the bed. I slept late so by the time I reached the bedroom, I saw the 2 of them on the bed! I woke Clem up and exclaimed how could he have given in and let Cavan up! He replied that he didn't. Cavan must have climbed up himself.


Night #3: I slept late again and I heard a commotion in the room. On entering the room, I saw Cavan half lying on the bed, half standing on his mattress. Asleep. Again we moved him down.


This transition must have taken a few nights. After which, Cavan settled in his new mattress. I am still trying to settle down with an emptier bed.


Sigh.

No comments: