Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cavan and his Mah-mah

Cavan simply adores his Mah-mah. And rightfully, he should.

His Mah-mah had fighted much for her life so she could care for him.

When I was pregnant with Cavan at 3 months, we were informed that my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer (Stage 2-3). We were devastated. I cried for weeks and prayed like never before. Sometimes, words just failed me and I could only cried out to God.

Mom underwent chemo, radiotherapy and finally a surgery to remove her right breast in Nov 2004. After that, she went on a regular bim0nthly checks and was given clearance.

She took care of Cavan after his 1st month. Of course, her physical strength waned. But her mental and emotional strength never waivered. She lost the ability to use her right arm as it was not as strong as before. She still persisted on carrying Cavan, her marketing stuff, his stroller and showed us she could. My dad gave up his job so they could take care of Cavan together.

On Cavan's 1st birthday, my mom was diagnosed with liver cancer (Stage 4). In my heart, I asked why. But my mom never did. There is a time when everyone has to go, she believed. Hence she went about in her life as normal. I don't know whether she ever questioned why such a thing happened to her. She's been such a strong person.

Her daily joy and happiness is very much built upon Cavan. His little antics made her smile. He simply loves to snuggle up to her, teases her with his mischevious pranks and makes funny faces at her when chided.

I hope he will know what his Mah-mah had done for him despite her illness and will honour her.

No comments: