Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Confinement 'man-ny"

Many people would engage a confinement nanny. Clem was my confinement nanny. And he did it so well. From caring for baby, cooking my confinement meals to doing all the housework.

The only thing I did was to dispense milk.

Even then, whenever I get ready to nurse, he would prepare hot towels to massage my breasts and a warm glass of milk or honey to "bring on" BM. Same routine even in the middle of the nights.

Food-wise, it was more than what I could ask for. As my confinement was in the same period as CNY, markets weren't open. My mom stocked up one month's supply of meat, liver, fish, veg etc. Clem would take stock of what's in the fridge and plan every meal. If in doubt, he would ask his mom who is another great cook. Usually he would whip up a healthy 4-dish meal consisting of fish, meat, veg and soup. In return of his love, I would gobble up everything he cooked. I suspect it was becos of this that I did not manage to bring my weight down.

The only thing that my tastebud still couldn't agree with was his ginger french toast. It was normal french toast, dipped in egg, except that it was sprinkled with shredded ginger. Shudder.

No comments: