Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Initial struggles

Somehow, my mom and mom-in-law couldn't be with us daily to help out as arranged. Clement & I had to do everything on our own. It was tough in the initial week. I was still recovering from my stitches and both of us learning about our new baby and having to do eveything ourselves. Finally, the crunch came when my stitches dropped off and my wounds opened up. I went back to my gynae and he asked if I had moved around too much. That same day, we also brought baby to the PD. He was surprised that baby hadn't put on weight despite me feeding him sufficiently. He asked if I had been on a diet. The truth is at times, we were so overwhelmed and tired that we skipped meals. That could be the reason.

I went home and wept, as I felt so helpless. I also felt guilty about baby not putting on weight.

Clement consoled me and encouraged me. I know it had been hard on him too, cos he's been the one doing everything.

But through this, we learnt so much more without having to rely on our parents. Our parents had also been much help whenever they can. What we appreciated most was the fact that they reserved much of their comments to themselves. They left it to us to try it out on our own, without piling on unsolicited advices. They understood it was time for us to grow...

No comments: