Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

the 2-hour window

Breastfeeding has made planners of most (if not all) moms. Especially those who can't stick around at home, like me. I slipped out many times during my confinement. My feet were itching to get out.

Verity demands to be fed every 2 hours and I have yet to introduce the bottle. So I had to plan my excursions, or rather escapades, on 2-hour windows:

Step 1: While travelling, feed. Identify a nursing location at the shopping destination.
Step 2: 2-hour Window. Shop.
Step 3: Feed.
Step 4: 2-hour Window. Shop/ have meal. Identify a nursing location at the next shopping destination.
Step 5: Feed

Repeat the steps till we decide we should head home. Then the next feed would be in the car.

I must thank the support group for advocating breastfeeding in public places. People are more aware and less judgmental of mothers who nurse in public places. (And of course, we should be more discreet and not expose flesh.) I'm not sure whether it's due to increased acceptance, or I've become thick-skinned, but I'm less conscious than during Cavan's time.

So I've breastfed in libraries, food courts and while enjoying my meal. Nothing can stop a mom who can't stay home!

No comments: