Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Maid in Singapore

We have sucuumbed to the inevitable - getting a domestic helper.

But no, she's not going to stay with us. I'm engaging her to help my parents.

Given my mom's medical condition, I worry about taxing her too much with the care of our 2 young children once I return to work. My mom has never mentioned that she needed help. On the contrary, she insisted that she could cope. My dad is around to help out, but he can't handle babies and he's been complaining of numbness in his face, and a strained knee. Moreover, mom has hospital appointments twice a week so it would be great to have a helper at home. This would ease the load off my parents a lot.

Looking through the bio-data, I still can't imagine having the stranger enter our lives. I seriously don't know what to look out for. Filipina, Indonesian? Single, married, with kids? We can interview the maid over the phone but, what am I going to ask?

I'm absolutely clueless.

God, I pray for wisdom in getting a good helper. Please guide us in our choice and help us to adapt to this change in our lives. I pray that we will get along with the new helper and my parents will be happy with the selection. Amen.

No comments: