Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Return of the Working Mama

Tomorrow, I will return to the rat race. Admittedly, I've been looking forward to this day. However, as the day draws nearer, I'm beginning to have mixed feelings. Half of me wants to stay home.

Think I enjoyed this maternity leave more than the previous, though more exhausting. Reason being I had a conversation partner- Cavan. During my 1st maternity leave, there was only baby Cavan. I didn't have a decent adult conversation the whole day. Only monologue. And the replies came in "Wahhhhh!", "Eh eh eh", "Gurgle, gurgle." As you can see, I'm a social being. I need to talk!

Well, the things I'll miss when I return to work:
* enjoying private mornings with Cavan, dunking our wheat crackers in milo kosong

* hearing him yell, "Mommy, I'm home already!" as he returns from PG before letting loose on the happenings at PG

* feeling the warmth of Verity's tiny body while rocking her on my shoulder, and having her sleep on my chest

* watching Verity's satisfied face after nursing her



* seeing my 2 kids interact with each other
* watching my 2 kids asleep in the mornings and savouring every moment gazing at their serene, cherubic faces

No comments: